Sunday, April 10, 2011

The 1st Annual Baltimore Book Festival



Wow! What an awesome event. I got invited to attend The 1st Annual Baltimore Book Festival Held at the Frederick Douglas Fine Arts Center, Sunday April 11 by my editor, the one and only Editor Carla Dean. The best in town. Well it turns out that she had dinner with Envy Red, author of Touch, the Wednesday before who gave Carla 2 tickets. Well because Carla and I were scheduled to meet up Saturday, she asked if I wanted to go to the fest with her. A duh! Yes! So she picks me up and it was the bomb. I met a bunch of fb friends and some who I didn't know at all.

I had been missing Envy Red and since she's from here, I had to hook up with her. Bought a copy of her novel, took some pictures for posting on fb and chatted up a bit before walking around. They also served light snacks and had face painting for the kids. Cannot wait for next year's event.

No comments: